Lessons are offered on PRIVATE (single person), SEMI-PRIVATE (2-3 people), and GROUP (4-6 people) rates. School Horses are available for all classes.
- Group Lessons
- Individual Lessons
- Practice Rides or Hacks
- Private & Semi-Private
- Competitive Opportunities
- Clinics, Workshops, Off Property Schooling & Boot Camps:
- Rider Level Certification
For those riders who like the regular routine of the same class time each week, we offer Group Rates.
For riders that wish to rider on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, lessons may be purchased in packages or 4 or 8 lessons.
(Note: there is an expiry date of 120 days from time of purchase on these packages)
For riders that would like to ride on an as-needed basis, the Individual Class Rate applies.
Riders are encouraged to make up missed lessons so they stay current with the group, but it is not mandatory. If you know ahead of time, we can usually accommodate you in another class . There is a required 24 hour cancellation. If you cancel less than 24 hours from your scheduled lesson time , then you forfeit that class in your package.
New students can start taking classes at any time .
A private lesson is a single horse/rider combination. 1/2 hour private lessons are for riders returning to riding or just starting out and want a great start. They are also for intensive training, practicing dressage tests, or a jump school.
Semi-Private lessons are for two horse/rider combinations.
|Use of Myrddin Horse||Use of Own Horse|
|Private Lessons||1/2 hour Private Lesson||$ 75.00||$ 40.00|
|1 hour Private Lesson||$ 120.00||$ 75.00|
|4 Lesson Package||$ 400.00||$ 280.00|
|8 Lesson Package||$ 760.00||$ 560.00|
|Semi-Private Lessons||Individual Class||$ 90.00||$ 50.00|
|4 Lesson Package||$ 320.00||$ 180.00|
|8 Lesson Package||$ 620.00||$ 360.00|
|Group Lessons||Individual Class||$ 70.00||$ 40.00|
|4 Lesson Package||$ 210.00||$ 150.00|
|8 Lesson Package||$ 400.00||$ 280.00|
|Practice Rides||Individual for 1 hour||$ 50.00|
|4 Lesson Package||$ 180.00|
|Monthly Board||$ 880.00|
|Riders can combine several lesson & practice ride options if they want to ride several times a week.|
- All fees are subject to 13% HST
- All lessons must be paid for in advance
- Payments by CHEQUE must be made payable to MYRDDIN EQUESTRIAN CENTRE
- ETRANSFERS are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24 hour cancellation policy, please call (905) 703-6698
Introductory Program for Level 1 Riders
Beginning March 2, 2019
Starting March 2, Kim Logue will be hosting an 8 week introductory program for Level 1 Riders.
Classes are 1.5 hours in length – 45 minutes riding instruction & 45 minutes getting to know the horses.
The last session will be a culmination of the 7 classes, being a demonstration of skills learned and the presentation of Level 1 Certificates to candidates who are ready for Level 2.
- March 2 – safety around the horse, basic horse behaviour, how to adjust stirrups and girth, correctly lead a horse, how to mount, how to pick up reins correctly, the position at walk (left rein and right rein), and how to dismount.
- March 9 – articles of the grooming kit and order of use, how to adjust stirrups and girth while mounted, change direction across the long diagonal, and halt from walk.
- March 16 – parts of the horse, turning down center line at walk, and halt from walk.
- March 23 – colours of horses, review position and natural aids, and explanation of position at rising trot.
- March 30 – the parts of the saddle, correct placing of letters around arena, execution of rising trot, and transitions from walk to trot and trot to walk.
- April 6 – identify and maintain a safe distance in a ride, drop and retake stirrups at walk, review turns across diagonal and down center line, and review parts of the horse.
- April 13 – demonstrate the change of posting diagonal when asked and review riding terms.
- April 20 – Demo Day!
Cost: $350 (cheques preferred – or two installments of $175 each). No make up lessons so please plan to attend all sessions. Please speak with Margie about joining this program.