Clinic with Marie Josee Delisle
February 23 & 24, 2019
One of our most popular clinicians. For more details, please speak with Margie.
Introductory Program for Level 1 Riders
Beginning March 2, 2019
Starting March 2, Kim Logue will be hosting an 8 week introductory program for Level 1 Riders.
Classes are 1.5 hours in length – 45 minutes riding instruction & 45 minutes getting to know the horses.
The last session will be a culmination of the 7 classes, being a demonstration of skills learned and the presentation of Level 1 Certificates to candidates who are ready for Level 2.
- March 2 – safety around the horse, basic horse behaviour, how to adjust stirrups and girth, correctly lead a horse, how to mount, how to pick up reins correctly, the position at walk (left rein and right rein), and how to dismount.
- March 9 – articles of the grooming kit and order of use, how to adjust stirrups and girth while mounted, change direction across the long diagonal, and halt from walk.
- March 16 – parts of the horse, turning down center line at walk, and halt from walk.
- March 23 – colours of horses, review position and natural aids, and explanation of position at rising trot.
- March 30 – the parts of the saddle, correct placing of letters around arena, execution of rising trot, and transitions from walk to trot and trot to walk.
- April 6 – identify and maintain a safe distance in a ride, drop and retake stirrups at walk, review turns across diagonal and down center line, and review parts of the horse.
- April 13 – demonstrate the change of posting diagonal when asked and review riding terms.
- April 20 – Demo Day!
Cost: $350 (cheques preferred – or two installments of $175 each). No make up lessons so please plan to attend all sessions. Please speak with Margie about joining this program.
Kim is a lifetime horse enthusiast, NCCP English Instructor of Equestrian, and an award winning equestrian journalist. Her passion is teaching beginners, providing FUN educational activities for introductory riders. She specializes in building confidence and the ability to take initiative. Classes are engaging and interactive, where learning is combined with games and exploratory exercises.
Stay tuned for Level 2 beginning April 27, 2019
Download the information (PDF file)
Fee : included on download