Myrddin offers full time working student positions throughout the year. Students become fully integrated into the stable routine.
The program options include:
- 5 lessons per week
- Coaching at competitions
- Mentoring for CEF Rider and Coaching Levels
- Accommodation for your horse or use of a Myrddin horse
- Accommodation is available for yourself at Margaret’s home but your own transportation is mandatory (as the house is 10-15 minutes from the barn). Students may live elsewhere, if they choose (i.e. @home or a friends)
- Hands-on stable management sessions
Single Day Expectations:
- Work full day & 1/2 day in stable
- Duties to include feeding, mucking, turnout, tack cleaning, stable routine maintenance, first aid, bandaging
- Some of the seasonal activities include jump building & repair, preparation for clinics & workshops
Students to Receive:
- Renumeration by individual arrangement
Contact Caroline with your Resume and Interview request if you are interested in applying for a Working Student position.
“The time I spend in the Myrddin Working Student Program was a great opportunity to enhance my knowledge about horses care and management as well as improve my skills and abilities as a rider. It was an unforgettable learning experience full of many amazing memories that I often look back on fondly. I am forever grateful to Margie, the wonderful staff, clients and horses for making my time at Myrddin so special. Margie is awesome coach who has an incredible ability to assist riders in making better and stronger connections with the horses in their lives.”Rebecca Tomer
“For a full year I ate, slept and breathed horses. It was the first time in my life where I dove into this magnificent world; I learned how to drive a tractor and clip a horse, had an opportunity to assist the vet, rode cross-country for the first time and even competed in my very first show at the Pre-Training level.
Working with horses is such a bizarre thing. They can be your private confidants, friendly creatures, naughty trouble-makers or they can be frozen, as if they are part of the fixture of the barn. Being around them and working with them can teach you so much. Given that I have worked with horses for over 10 years, I thought I knew how to handle them. All of this changed when I came to Myrddin Stables. I cannot explain in words how much I have learned about handling horses from Caroline, let alone how much I have learned about riding from Margaret. I am unimaginably appreciative of the experience I have lived out thus far, and thanks to Margret, I cannot wait for what the future holds.
Living with the Godsons has been an amazing experience! I learned about home care, horse care and cooking. I have grown so fond of everyone and truly miss the horses, dogs and the Godsons.”Agnes Fraczek